When we were expecting our first child, we wanted to be as economical and sustainable as we could; we only wanted to invest in products and accessories for our child that were durable, environmentally friendly, and affordable.
Disposable nappies are one of the largest contributors to landfill waste, and as one of the most expensive regular outlays for all new parents and guardians, we knew we had to do something about it. Thus, Summer Sweets Baby was born.
We aim to be the only store an Irish parent will need for cloth nappies and mother & baby accessories. While the prospect of becoming a new parent can be daunting, and the choice between cloth or disposable nappies may never occur to many, we are here to show you the journey is not only rewarding and sustainable, but so much more economical and environmentally friendly too.
We’ve been there. Hundreds of our loyal customers have been there. We will support you every step of the way. That’s our vow to you.
We only sell brands we know and trust. Now and always. Quality is non-negotiable. All our products are tested for at least a month before we offer them to you, and we have a small team of dedicated parents who give us regular feedback about each product we offer. We listen to all our valued customers, and will continue to invest in supplying you with the brands you want at a price point that is unrivalled.
To show you how we operate, here is our strong Supplier Code of Conduct:
- No child labour is used in any stage of the manufacturing and shipping process.
- No underage children are employed or recruited by us or our partners. We design, manufacture, and sell nappies, shoes, clothes, and accessories for children not by children.
- Employment is freely chosen and all suppliers pay their employees a fair and living wage.
- All employees are treated with respect and dignity, and work in a clean, safe, and hygienic environment.
- Discrimination is never tolerated.
- Our suppliers do not hire, compensate, promote, or terminate employment based on race, nationality, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or political membership.
We all strive to give our children the very best. We work hard and willingly make sacrifices so that our little ones can have the very best they deserve. As a generation we are increasingly more conscious of this world we inhabit, and by reducing the number of single use products in our lives, we will make this a safer and more hospitable planet for those who matter most; the next generation, our children.
These values are dear to us, and we will pass them on to our little ones. We continually strive to lessen the impact we have on the environment.
These are just a few of the steps we have taken to ensure as minimal and environmentally friendly a footprint as possible:
- All samples are passed to local charities and hospitals where it is safe and hygienic to do so.
- All our Summer Sweets Fluff Mail is 100% recycled and 100% recyclable. We never use bulky cardboard boxes. Many of our bags are also 100% compostable, certified free of GMO material, waterproof, tear resistant, and take just 180 days to be fully biodegradable.
- All our deliveries are 100% carbon neutral.
- Climate Neutral committed.
- At least 1% of all Revenues are donated to 1% For the Planet, which is a global movement that assists non-profit organizations that protect land, forests, rivers, oceans and also encourage sustainable methods of energy production.