Sustainability is a journey that we all must embrace together. As a young and growing Irish family business, we’re not yet perfect but we’re passionate about making continuous improvement with every single decision we make. For it is only with imperfect progress that we will make this world a more perfect place.
We are proud to announce we are now a certified member of 1% For the Planet, a global initiative involving over 3000 companies where we pledge to donate at least 1% of all revenues to efforts combating climate change.
We have also pledged to become fully Climate Neutral in 2021. It’s the absolute least we can do for our planet and our little ones, and we will not stop here.
Where We Are
- We only work with and stock reputable manufacturers and brands, and by doing so, we ensure that all of our products are ethically and responsibly sourced.
- We only use eco-friendly, water-based ink for our packaging and printing.
- All samples are passed to local charities and hospitals where it is safe and hygienic to do so.
- All our Summer Sweets Fluff Mail is 100% recycled and 100% recyclable. We never use bulky cardboard boxes.
- Many of our bags are also 100% compostable, certified free of GMO material, waterproof, tear resistant, and take just 180 days to be fully biodegradable.
- All our deliveries are 100% carbon neutral.
- No plastic shrink-wrap packaging is used.
- We repurpose shipping boxes, containers, and bags wherever we can.
Where We Plan To Go
- By Summer 2021, all of our packaging will be 100% compostable, certified free of GMO material, waterproof, tear resistant, and take just 180 days to be fully biodegradable.
- We are actively planning towards all stock deliveries to be 100% carbon neutral by January 2022.
- An installation of Solar Panels and batteries is planned for early 2022 to allow us to switch to at least 80% renewable energy powering Summer Sweets Baby HQ.